Sunday, April 27, 2008

I am Blessed!

I have such an amazing community. Russell has been in Las Vegas on a business trip (I'll let you know the details on that when I get them. It has sounded rough I'll tell you!). While he has been gone I have had someone from my Life Group here every night. Friday night Debra came and kept me company after the kids went to bed. Last night it was Mindi. Tonight Chance, Debra and their kiddos brought us dinner and Brian and Mindi were here as well. Brian did our yard this afternoon. I wanted to surprise Russell and Brian was great for doing it at the last minute. So I had great fellowship this afternoon.

This morning at church I had the opportunity to begin to understand a little more about God. See, we have this system where the boys play in the cave-like tunnel while I drop off Julia. Then I drop off Caleb and then Draden. Well today after dropping Julia off in her classroom, I turned around and Caleb was gone! GONE!!!!! First I went to his class to see if he just wandered over there, but he hadn't. He is a creature of habit and wouldn't just wander away at church. In a strange place, say the mall or something, sure. But at church we have a routine and he doesn't stray from routine. He also wouldn't go with a stranger without making a huge scene. But anything can happen and I started to panic. I quickly took Draden to his class so I didn't risk losing him. Then Chance left his post at the 5 year old room and started helping with the search. By this time I was crying and the sheriff on duty in the church was helping too. We did the quick rundown on what he was wearing while I was tearing around the kids area shouting for him. Finally we went back to the tunnel area and the sheriff told me to stay there and they would look. As a final resort (since I wasn't supposed to go anywhere) I checked the three year old room that he only spends Wednesday nights in. There he was sitting at the table coloring a picture! He didn't even know that he was missing. Someone had put him in the room. I don't know who and I don't want to know. I just want to understand what God was trying to teach me. Maybe it is...Even when I think God is missing from where I think He is supposed to be showing Himself...He is right where He is supposed to be. My last resort was the most obvious place. God is never missing, not even for a moment. He is at peace (or more accurately He is Peace) and is never frantic even when we are.

There are so many ways to apply this to my life and cannot even begin to describe them. But now I just have to refer to this day whenever I feel like God is missing. He is not missing. He will never be missing.

And Thank you God for taking care of my baby and not even letting him be in a situation where he could have felt lost. Help me keep focused on you so that I don't feel lost either.

No comments: