Friday, October 17, 2008

Local News

Okay, I am not a fan of local news. So many times I see "stories" that aren't news, but more like gossip. It is a silly waste of my time. HOWEVER...now I know which station I will watch when I do think about turning it on. Channel 9. And my reason may seem silly to some, but it is my reason. Here is the story.
I go to a chiropractor who just happens to be my neighbor. Matt Yost. (He is really great by the way. doesn't rip you limb from limb to adjust you:) ) Robin Marsh (from news 9) also goes to see Matt. I have seen her there before all done up. It looked like she had just done the news, but for all I knew she looks like that all the time. She is very pretty! Then we saw her again today. Only today she looked like a normal everyday mom. No make-up. comfy clothes. like someone you would be friends with. Once again, she is very pretty. So today I walked in with my three crazies...I mean kids...and she was on the roller table. (this is a contraption that rolls up and down your back while a pad under you vibrates. It is AWESOME!!!!) she saw Draden and Caleb and asked if they were twins. Then when she got off the table and I got on it she started up a conversation with Draden. She asked how old he was and then asked where he went to school. He said he was home-schooled and she said, "Well, you must be pretty smart then." Then they went into this whole dialog that I did not hear much of. The point is that she talked to him like a person and not like a little kid. She earned my respect by her character in how she treated a five year old boy.

This woman, Robin Marsh, showed her true character in a simple conversation with my son that made me smile. I know they talked about what he had been learning in the Bible among other topics. Draden liked her and thought she was fun to talk to.

So there you have it. My reason for choosing channel 9 should I choose to watch the local news. You may think it is silly, but out of the overflow of the heart comes our words, and she had such kind and thoughtful words with my son.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!