Friday, October 3, 2008

update on victory

So it has been a full three weeks since I declared Victory in God's name over my rising temper with my kiddos. And you know what I have found? A new frustration. It seems that God still doesn't want just a part of me. I have fully given over my relationship with my oldest son so that God can show His might where I am at my weakest. This is a complete victory in Him...and it happened overnight! I give Him the glory for it every day because it is not something that I could do on my own. But now what?!?! I have found that I am still dealing with my middle child on my own strength. Apparently this was one I could handle on my own because the other needed so much help. But now I find my frustration rising with him when it never really had before. I can still claim that I have not raised my voice in anger or frustration since the retreat, but it has gotten close. Starting tomorrow morning I need to hand my sweet four year old over to God as well. And for good measure I should add my two year old to the list because I am sure I can't do her on my own either. Why am I so slow to learn sometimes? Satan wants to attack and my weakest border is my parenting. Why would I think I could do any of it on my own?

I have been so excited about the changes in our entire family dynamic. I love to be with my kiddos and even my husband has commented on the changes. Sure there is still the craziness of living in a world with kids, but when I don't try and do it all in my power, then I have more than enough of God's power to live as He always planned for me to live.

I am so thankful that God gave me the children He gave me so that I could learn to rest entirely in Him!