Monday, October 20, 2008

You came for me?

I spent Saturday with a woman named Carol. Then I went back downtown to take her pictures on Sunday. Well this woman without a home probably thought that was the last she would see of me. Until I showed up on Monday just to check on her. I took my kids down to the mission to see if she had been able to get into the program. When I found her (still on the emergency side) she asked what I was doing down there. When I told her I was there checking in on her she was a bit stunned. Carol is not a girl that cries when people are looking, and I saw the tears in her eyes when she said, "You came for me?"

I guess it was pretty powerful that I cared enough about her to go check on her.

This is a woman I want to get to know. I don't want to fix her. I want to be her friend and do what any friend would do.

God, where is this one going?

No comments: