Monday, August 6, 2007

Get up and Walk!

Ok, so I realized that I already talked about Willie, so I don't have to go into a lot of detail. But tonight he came to our "reunion" and the team members that got to make it all got to see Willie again. I was able to ask him his story about he ended up on the streets. It was Katrina and Rita. They washed away his home in the lower ninth ward. He stayed in the Super Dome. He witnessed horrible things that no one should ever have to live through. And what was he doing tonight? Calling us his angels and praising God for His goodness. He said one thing that really stood out to me. He said that Thursday night he was already getting settled to go to sleep when God told him to get up and take a walk. Well, Willie did not want to do that as he was already ready to go to sleep, but God kept telling him to get up and take a walk. Finally after having argued with God for a few minutes, Willie got up and took a walk. On that walk was where he met us. If Willie had not listened and obeyed, he would not be in Oklahoma tonight. He would still be sleeping on the most comfortable piece of pavement that he could find.

When God tells me to get up and walk, do I listen? If not, I could miss out on the blessings that He has in store for me.

No comments: