Friday, August 17, 2007

It's working!

We are in day two of being a parent and not just a friend. It is going well. We struggled a few moments yesterday, but overall I think my kiddo likes that Mommy is in charge (even if he would never admit it!) Since I have had to be strict in the discipline, I have also had the most fun at the fun mommy moments. Today we built castles out of cardboard boxes and swords out of paper and shields out of smaller boxes. We painted and told stories. I have also had some quiet moments to myself because when I am with the kids I am all there and not distracted. So when I have wanted a few minutes to read they let me because they know when it is their turn I will be all theirs. I know this is not new information to anyone who has been parenting for as long as I have, but I finally figured it out. Amazing!!! :)
I know I will still have moments that aren't fun, but if I stay consistant, I know I will reap my reward. A wonderful man who respects God and respects women (starting with his mom first!)

No comments: